Starting in the Chilean cultural hub of Santiago, set out for Buenos Aires by way of South America’s breathtaking Patagonia region. Take it all in as you venture through Torres del Paine and Los Glaciares National Park, marveling at glittering mountain lakes, craggy peaks, and icy glaciers along the way. Then, cap off your trek in Argentina’s lively capital.
Board your overnight flight to Santiago.
Welcome to Chile! Set out to explore Santiago on a guided sightseeing tour.
• Drive through the city’s Barrio Bellavista, known for its bohemian charm
• Pass the Barrio Lastarria and the Chilean National Museum of Fine Arts
• Walk up Santa Lucía Hill to soak in incredible views from the spot where Santiago was founded in 1541
• Head to Plaza de Armas where you’ll see Santiago Metropolitan Cathedral, the Chilean National History Museum, and the Central Post Office Building
Gather with your fellow travellers for a welcome dinner this evening.
Embark on a guided tour of Valparaíso, passing through the UNESCO-recognized port and historic quarter.
• Stroll through Plaza Sotomayor and the Port and Central neighborhoods
• Take a ride on the Queen Victoria funicular up to Cerro Alegre and Cerro Concepción, two hilltop neighborhoods famous for their colourful houses
• Walk along the whimsical streets on a tour before enjoying free time for lunch
Next, make your way outside of the city to the nearby Casablanca Valley.
• Stop at a local vineyard for a tour and tasting
• Sample the winery’s signature sauvignon blanc, pinot noir, and chardonnay
Fly to Punta Arenas in southern Patagonia this morning. Then, set off on a guided tour alongside your Tour Director.
• Visit Mirador Cerre de la Cruz to soak in beautiful views of the city
• Enter the Salesian Museum to learn about Patagonian history and nature
• View the European-style architecture of the Palacio Sara Braun
• Stroll through Plaza de Armas, the city’s main square
Spend a free morning in Punta Arenas or add an excursion.
Then, visit a Patagonian estancia, or ranch, as you make your way to the Torres del Paine region.
• Learn about work and life on the ranch while watching a sheep-shearing demonstration
• Enjoy a barbecue lunch of regional specialties
Make your way to Torres del Paine National Park, one of the largest of its kind in Chile. En route, stop to enter Milodon Cave to view its wealth of prehistoric fossils. Then, set out to explore the park’s many natural wonders.
• View the towering peaks of Los Cuernos del Paine, for which the park was named
• Stand on the banks of Lago Pehoé, Lago Nordenskjöld, and Lago Grey, three of the park’s glittering glacial lakes
• Take a short hike to see the churning Salto Grande waterfall
• Try to spot guanacos, foxes, rheas, and birds as you go
• Enjoy an included boxed lunch
Sit down for an included dinner in Puerto Natales this evening.
Cross the border into Argentina as you make your way to the town of El Calafate.
Later, enjoy a free evening. Please note: You’ll depart for Argentina early in the morning.
Make your way to Los Glaciares National Park today for an up-close look at the growing Perito Moreno Glacier.
• Stop at Lago Argentino to take in the surrounding mountain views, keeping an eye out for the flamingos and condors that call the lake their home (seasonal)
• Arrive in Los Glaciares National Park and embark on a cruise along the Perito Moreno Glacier face
• Take in views of the glacier from a scenic overlook and enjoy free time to explore the surrounding walking paths
Board your flight to Buenos Aires this morning.
Tonight, watch as accomplished tangueros, or tango dancers, perform their national dance. Listen to the live music as you enjoy a dinner featuring regional specialties and Argentine wine.
Embark on a guided tour of the city where tango was born.
• Drive through the aristocratic Retiro and Recoleta neighbourhoods to visit the grave of Eva Perón, the former First Lady of Argentina
• Make your way past the National Museum of Fine Arts and the beautiful parks and gardens of Palermo
• Drive along 9 de Julio Avenue, the widest street in the world
• Explore Plaza de Mayo, site of the May Revolution in 1810, and enter the neoclassical Metropolitan Cathedral
• Enjoy free time in the La Boca neighbourhood, where the influence of its Italian settlers can still be felt today
Later, celebrate your trip with your group at a farewell dinner.
Relax in a dayroom in Buenos Aires before boarding your flight home tonight or early tomorrow morning. If you’re continuing on the tour extension, you’ll fly to the Argentinian side of Iguazú Falls this afternoon.
Arrive home today.
Add 3 nights in Iguazú Falls
Fly to the Argentinian side of Iguazú Falls this afternoon.
Spend the day soaking in the natural wonders of Iguazú National Park.
• Board an ecological rainforest train and ride to Devil’s Throat, the most famous section of the falls
• Walk along the forested footpaths on the Argentinian side of the falls for panoramic views of the waters
Please note: Pack raingear for this morning’s activities and be prepared to walk on slippery, wet terrain.
Tonight, whip up some of Argentina’s signature dishes while learning about the country’s food traditions during this interactive and unique dining experience.
• Start off by learning to make empanadas, a stuffed bread dish, and alfajores, which are regional cookies
• Try your hand at preparing mate, a traditional, caffeinated South American drink made from yerba mate leaves
• Sip on unlimited wine during a steak dinner as you learn about the different cuts of Argentinian meat
• Receive the recipes for each of the dishes you made so you can recreate your Argentine meal for friends and family at home
Explore Iguazú Falls from a new perspective this morning.
• Take a Jeep ride through the sub-tropical rainforest
• Hop aboard an inflatable power boat to ride through the Macuco Falls Canyon
• Soak in the panoramic views of the falls from the Iguazú Basin
Please note: Pregnant women and people with heart or back conditions are restricted from taking part in this morning’s activities.
Enjoy a free afternoon in the Iguazú Falls region or add an excursion.
Sit down for an included dinner this evening.
Fly back to Buenos Aires and relax in a dayroom before boarding your overnight or early morning flight home.
Arrive home today.
Here's the nitty-gritty—where you’ll stay, how you’ll get there, and what to know about your destination before you go.
We handpick every hotel to strike the balance of comfort, location, and local charm. Specific accommodations will vary based on your departure date, but these are frequently used hotels for this tour and we're confident you'll be satisfied.
Round-trip flights are one more thing we handle to make your journey as smooth as possible. Our team of travel experts will find the best flight itinerary for you at a competitive rate, thanks to our partnerships with top airlines.
Invite six friends to join you on tour and earn a free spot to use however you like.