Valid from July 15, 2021
EF Go Ahead Tours are operated by EF Education First International, Ltd., Selnaustrasse 30, 8001 Zurich, Switzerland, organization number: CHE-109.874.655, VAT number CHE-116.325.678 MWST. The services provided are tax-exempt with credit in accordance with Swiss Federal Law with regard to Value-Added Tax Art. #23. EF Institute for Cultural Exchange Ltd. is an affiliate of EF Education First International Ltd. and acts only as a marketing provider for that company. EF Institute for Cultural Exchange Ltd. does not provide any goods or services for your trip. In the following text EF Education First International Ltd. and EF Institute for Cultural Exchange Ltd. are together referred to as “EF Go Ahead Tours,” “Go Ahead Tours” or “GAT.” These Booking Conditions are subject to change. Your agreement to these Booking Conditions constitutes your agreement to any updates which can be found at www.goaheadtours.ca/terms.
All amounts are shown in Canadian dollars unless otherwise noted.
The following reservation fees apply at the time of tour reservation:
European land tour: non-refundable reservation fee of $300 per person. Non-European land tour, Special Event Tour, Land & Cruise Tour, Ancestry Tour or Customized Tour: non-refundable reservation fee of $450 per person. For travellers enrolling in the AutoPay plan at the time of reservation, the $99 initial deposit will apply to the tour’s reservation fee, with the balance due in accordance with the traveller’s AutoPay schedule.
GAT and other EF-issued travel vouchers cannot be used as a reservation fee for a tour unless specific voucher terms state otherwise. We accept waitlist reservations on most tours. The full reservation fee is required to secure a place on the waitlist. If you are on a waitlist and we are unable to confirm your reservation by 36 days prior to departure, your reservation fee will be refunded in full. If you are approved after the Tour Finalization Date (see below), standard late-add procedures apply.
The Tour Finalization Date is the final payment date for all customers not enrolled in AutoPay. The Tour Finalization Date for most tours is 70 days prior to departure. Exceptions include the following tours, which have a Tour Finalization Date of 90 days prior to departure: Land & Cruise Tours, Customized Tours, Ancestry Tours, and tours including the Rocky Mountaineer train. Travelers should confirm the Tour Finalization Date for their specific tour with GAT.
Due to CATSA security requirements you must, within seven days of booking or at the time of booking if after the Tour Finalization Date, provide GAT with your name and birthday exactly as it appears on the form of identification you plan to use. Failure to provide this information at the time of reservation could result in additional fees. Travelers must be at least six years of age at the time of departure to participate on an EF Go Ahead tour. Exclusions to this rule are Nature & Wildlife, Safari, Food & Wine, and Walking Tours, where the minimum age is eight years, and Customized and Private Tours, where the minimum age is three years.
The reservation fee is fully refundable if you cancel within 72 hours of booking the tour or by the Tour Finalization Date, whichever is sooner. TravelSafe, TravelSafe Premium and AnyReason Protection can be canceled and are fully refundable within 15 days of purchase. After this time the plans are non-refundable.
EF Go Ahead Tours incurs substantial non-recoverable costs and expenses of its own in planning, preparing, and pre-paying amounts for tours from the time of enrollment. As a result, after 72 hours (or the Tour Finalization Date if sooner), the reservation fee becomes non-refundable and standard cancellation fees apply (see Cancellations and Modifications section). Prior to the Tour Finalization Date, you may change your reservation to a new tour for a non-refundable rebooking fee of $50 (which must be collected at time of rebooking) plus any difference in tour price due to price increases, changes in travel season, or tour. If you have purchased TravelSafe, you will also be responsible for any additional cost as the price of the TravelSafe package will be based on the new tour prices, which must be collected at the time of rebooking. Reservations made after the Tour Finalization Date are considered late additions and the reservation fee is non-refundable at the time of payment.
Customers who have rebooked to a different tour or date and then subsequently cancel will be subject to the higher cancellation fees between their original tour and the new tour. Any promotions received on the original tour are not transferable to the new tour. Terms & Conditions in place at the time of rebooking will apply to all changed reservations. Travelers must accept EF Go Ahead Tours’ Terms & Conditions, which include the Booking Conditions and Release & Agreement, within 72 hours of booking or by their Tour Finalization Date, whichever is sooner, otherwise their reserved places on tour are subject to cancellation without a refund of the non-refundable reservation fee.
EF Go Ahead Tours recommends that you secure adequate travel coverage for your tour. TravelSafe is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Company of Canada. Additional benefits under TravelSafe Premium and AnyReason Protection are administered by EF Go Ahead Tours and are not insurance products. Travel Insurance Products are not available to residents of Québec.
Your reservation fee (i.e., $300 - $450 depending on type of tour) is non-refundable after 72 hours following enrollment or the Tour Finalization Date (whichever is earlier). In addition, if you cancel your reservation, the cancellation fee schedule below will apply. If you are booked in a double/twin room and your roommate cancels his or her tour more than 45 days prior to departure, you will be responsible for paying the single supplement fee. If you purchased TravelSafe and you are canceling for a reason covered under the policy guidelines, cancellation fees will be reimbursed to you directly from the insurance company pending claim approval. In the event that you have to cancel your tour on the day of departure, you must notify GAT prior to checking in to your first flight if you purchased airfare through Go Ahead, or the departure of your first flight if traveling land-only. Any penalties for supplemental services/guarantees (including, but not limited to, flights, hotels, or late additions) resulting from cancellations made at your request will be your responsibility, and all service fees are non-refundable. Substitution of travelers is not permitted. If you choose not to travel, but fail to cancel your tour prior to the departure date or if you return home before the scheduled completion of your tour, you will not be eligible for any refund or reimbursement from GAT for any unused portion of your trip or costs incurred by leaving your trip early.
Days Prior to Departure and Cancellation Fee (Inclusive of Non-Refundable Reservation Fee)
Days Prior to Departure and Cancellation Fee (Inclusive of Non-Refundable Reservation Fee)
Days Prior to Departure and Cancellation Fee (Inclusive of Non-Refundable Reservation Fee)
* * Percentages listed above are of the total tour cost, including reservation fee, flights purchased through Go Ahead Tours, extensions, excursions, and any additional upgrades or add-ons. Travel Protection is not part of the total tour cost. TravelSafe, TravelSafe Premium and AnyReason Protection are non-refundable after 15 days after purchase. Listed cancellation fee is applicable per traveler.*
Days Prior to Departure and Cancellation Fee (Inclusive of non-refundable Reservation Fee)
If a cancellation of accommodation request or extension is done within 45 days of departure and the flights booked through GAT need to be changed, an additional flight rebooking fee of $300 per traveler applies in addition to the above charges. If the pre- or post-stay hotel is different than the main tour hotel in the same city when made available 30 days prior to tour, customers have 72 hours to cancel the pre- or post-stay hotel with no fee, but travellers will be responsible for airfare change fees if applicable.
AnyReason Protection is not insurance and is provided as a cancellation fee waiver benefit by EF Go Ahead Tours. Travelers with AnyReason Protection can cancel their tour at any time prior to checking in for their first scheduled flight, and EF Go Ahead Tours will provide a future travel voucher for the value of their cancellation fees that can be applied to a newly booked tour. Future travel vouchers will not duplicate amounts already payable under the insurance portions of your plan. Voucher is valid for one year, is non-transferrable, and is not redeemable for cash. Vouchers issued as an AnyReason Protection benefit may not be used as a tour deposit.
Up to the Tour Finalization Date, GAT reserves the right to reschedule or cancel any tour that has an insufficient number of travelers enrolled (not applicable to Private or Customized Tours). If this occurs, you may choose another tour and/or departure date. You will be responsible for all costs associated with independent travel arrangements. GAT reserves the right to cancel a tour extension due to low enrollment and will provide travelers a refund of the tour extension cost. If a traveler chooses to cancel an entire tour due to a tour extension canceled by GAT, standard cancellation fees will apply as to the main tour.
EF Go Ahead Tours shall not be liable to any traveler for the need to cancel, modify, or postpone the tour as a result of events that are beyond EF Go Ahead Tour’s reasonable control. These matters include such “acts of God” or force majeure events as actual or threats of: epidemics or pandemics, or other public health issues or emergencies (such as but not limited to the current COVID-19 pandemic); severe weather events or natural disasters such as but not limited to hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis, tornadoes, fires, floods, volcanic activity, or landslides; war (whether declared or undeclared); terrorist activities; instability in a destination location; incidents of violence, riot, sabotage, civil commotion, or nationalization; strikes or labor disputes or lockouts; government orders, sanctions, actual or potential quarantines, or other restrictions affecting travel in, to, or around a location; disruption to transportation; chemical or radioactive contamination; or any other reason that makes it actually or potentially impossible or illegal for EF Go Ahead Tours to conduct the tour as originally contracted. EF Go Ahead Tours incurs substantial non-recoverable costs and expenses of its own in planning, preparing, and pre-paying amounts for such tours. Accordingly, if EF Go Ahead Tours cancels a tour for any such reason, travelers will receive an EF Go Ahead Tours future travel voucher for all monies paid, less the cost of any purchased travel protection plan. Cancellation, modification, or postponement by EF Go Ahead Tours for causes described in this section shall not be a violation of its obligations to any traveler.
In the event external events beyond EF Go Ahead’s reasonable control have not rendered a tour program impossible or illegal to depart as scheduled yet EF Go Ahead reasonably decides in its sole discretion that the tour must nevertheless be cancelled, modified, or postponed due to health or safety concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic or because issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic would affect the quality of the tour, travelers acknowledge that EF Go Ahead’s sole obligation to them will be to rebook them to a future tour with no rebooking costs, or issue a Future Travel Voucher in all amounts paid (less the cost of travel protection, if purchased) that may be used for future travel.
EF Go Ahead is not responsible and shall not be liable to any traveler for any destination-imposed travel or entry requirement related to COVID-19, including but not limited to vaccination, testing, or other public health requirements. Customers who are unwilling or unable to comply with such travel or entry requirements and choose to cancel their tour are subject to the Standard Cancellation Policy. EF Go Ahead also reserves the right in its sole discretion to, in good faith efforts to protect against health concerns, exceed destination-imposed travel or entry requirements and require full vaccination against COVID-19, pre-tour and on-tour testing for COVID-19, and other public health measures for travelers to certain destination. In such an event, travelers unable or unwilling to meet such requirements must notify EF Go Ahead of their decision to cancel by no later than their tour’s Tour Finalization Date. Travelers acknowledge that EF Go Ahead’s sole obligation in that instance is to issue a Future Travel Voucher in all amounts paid (less the cost of travel protection, if purchased) that may be used for future travel.
Travelers may pay in full at time of booking or enroll in one of two payment plan options: the Automatic Payment Plan or Manual Payment Plan.
EF Go Ahead's Best Price Guarantee is valid only at the time of booking for new reservations and applies to the price of the tour including airfare and after the value of any promotional offer or discount is applied. It is not applicable to tour extensions. To qualify, comparable tours must provide the same included items at an equivalent quality level, be fully escorted, have the same duration, provide the exact number and locations of overnight stays and have an equivalent departure day and date. Any eligible difference between the price of the GAT tour and a comparable tour at the time of booking will be applied as a discount to the GAT tour price. Final determination will be at GAT's sole discretion.
Prices are per person based on double occupancy. For the most up-to-date pricing, please see our website at www.goaheadtours.ca. Airline fuel surcharges, as applicable at the time of pricing, are included in the tour prices when purchasing a flights package. All prices are subject to increase prior to the time of full payment. Reasons for such increases include, but are not limited to, fluctuations in currency exchange rates, fuel prices and government-imposed taxes and fees. Please note: Government taxes and fees with respect to air travel and port taxes are part of the tour price. All prices are in Canadian dollars. This contract permits price increases. No price increases are permitted after the customer has paid in full. If the price increase is more than 7%, except increases resulting from an increase in retail sales tax or federal goods and service tax, the customer has the right to cancel the contract and obtain a full refund. As of January 1, 2019, for residents of Quebec, contribution to FICAV is no longer required, but you will automatically be covered by FICAV. Find out more at www.ficav.gouv.qc.ca/en.
All discounts, promotions, and sales are subject to the specific terms listed for that price. For most promotions, travelers are eligible for a one-time promotion adjustment should they find the same tour, date, and gateway (if applicable) on sale for a lower price within 90 days of the initial enrollment (excluding rebookings). Early booking discounts are considered part of a sale price and cannot be re-applied with a promotion adjustment. Tour discounts that are part of a Last-Minute Special are valid on new bookings only and are not part of the 90-day promotion adjustment guarantee. When included in promotional materials, free excursion discounts are valued at up to $75 off any excursion per person unless otherwise stated. Travelers are not eligible for promotional adjustments past the Tour Finalization Date. Promotions are never redeemable for cash.
Club Go is EF Go Ahead’s customer loyalty program. Enrollment is automatic upon account creation or upon booking your first tour. Program level is based on the number of completed trips and new levels are adjusted upon traveler’s tour start date. Specific discounts and benefits pertaining to a customer’s loyalty level are subject to change at any time and not redeemable for cash. Please see additional terms for all applicable fees, terms, and conditions.
Departure fees and surcharges are imposed by airlines, governmental agencies, and occasionally hotels and/or other providers of services to cover such things as federal or foreign government-imposed landing fees, security fees, and energy/fuel increases. These fees and charges are assessed by GAT on a weighted average basis of all departures for a particular itinerary and are included in the tour price.
Triple room accommodations are available at a reduced cost on a limited basis. Triple rooms are usually a standard twin room with an additional cot or folding bed for the third person. Triple rooms may not be comfortable for three adults and are not available in certain cities or on Land & Cruise Tours.
Late additions are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and may be subject to additional costs from our suppliers. Reservations with airfare are subject to a late add flight fee of $85 for requested departures October through April, and $150 for requested departures May through September. If GAT is able to confirm you on tour at the time of booking, the payment must be made in full at that point. If GAT must request additional space with suppliers before confirming the spot, the deposit only is due at that time, with the balance required once you are confirmed on the tour. Late additions, once confirmed, are subject to standard cancellation fees (see Cancellations and Modifications section) applicable at the time of reservation. However, if we are unable to confirm your tour reservation, you are entitled to a full refund.
Failure to provide accurate and required information at the time of reservation could result in additional fees. Changes made after the Tour Finalization Date (see Reserving your tour section) will be considered late changes and are made at the sole discretion of GAT. Any changes (including, but not limited to, confirmed passport information such as names, numbers or expiry dates; travel dates; gateways and airlines) may be subject to a service charge of $75 plus any costs GAT incurs from its suppliers. If you are traveling with a Group Coordinator, all changes must be made by 120 days prior to departure. Once the tour has departed, changes affecting return date or gateway will not be permitted.
Deviations from published tour itineraries (such as, but not limited to, travel dates and gateways) may include additional costs from our suppliers. Travelers not traveling on standard arrival or departure dates must arrange their own transportation to or from the airport and hotel. GAT can arrange pre- or post-tour hotel accommodations for independent travel, when available, through a Tour Consultant or Customer Relations Representative in any GAT sales office. While fulfillment cannot be guaranteed, GAT will make every effort to accommodate special travel requests. Please note: Due to the nature of GAT's hotel contracts, pre- or post-stay arrangements may be in a different hotel from that of the main tour. GAT must be notified of all special arrangement requests prior to the Tour Finalization Date for consideration.
Optional excursions may be purchased up to three days prior to departure or while on tour. Pre-purchased optional excursions become non-refundable at three days prior to departure. Select optional excursions require advance booking and cannot be purchased or canceled after the advanced reservation deadline. All cancellations after the reservation deadline are subject to a 100% cancellation fee. GAT accepts payment by Visa or MasterCard only for optional excursions purchased on tour. Additional fees will apply for optional excursions purchased on tour. Excursions require a minimum number of participants to operate. Details, day offered, and prices are subject to change. Due to seasonal hours of operation and availability, some excursions may not operate. If this occurs, you will be refunded any payments made for that excursion post-tour.
For each Land & Cruise Tour, GAT is given a certain inventory of cabin categories to reserve for its customers. Therefore, not all cabin categories on a vessel are available to GAT. Please make sure to discuss cabin preferences with your Tour Consultant at time of booking to decide which is best for you. Specific cabins cannot be guaranteed at time of booking as they are assigned by the cruise line.
Hotels listed on our website are used on many departures and are representative of the quality GAT uses. Other hotels will be comparable to those shown. Hotel rooms in Europe are typically smaller and less standardized than those in the U.S. and Canada and do not always offer air conditioning. Typically, a twin room will have two single beds placed side by side. Also, single rooms tend to be smaller than twin rooms, and may not have as desirable a location within the hotel. In Europe, it is standard policy that hotel rooms are not available for check-in before mid-afternoon.
In order to provide you with the lowest possible prices, GAT negotiates special rates with major air carriers. Due to the nature of GAT's contracts, air arrangements may be subject to change and to certain constraints including, but not limited to, the availability of certain routings, travel times, and direct or non-stop flights. GAT can neither arrange for the crediting of frequent flier miles nor guarantee that you will receive frequent flier mileage credit. Flights in upgradeable classes of service cannot be guaranteed. Occasionally, due to specific tours or flight routings, an overnight stay is required en route. If this is the case, GAT will make arrangements for hotel accommodations, and a confirmation of the relevant hotel information will be included in your final travel documents (see Final travel documents section). If you and your traveling companion(s) make reservations at separate times and/or are originating from different gateways, you may not travel on the same flight(s). Additionally, GAT cannot guarantee that you will be on the same flight itinerary as others in a group/family if some of your travel party has purchased the extension and/or are deviating from the tour itinerary. GAT can sometimes offer customized flight itineraries and routings based on availability, plus any additional costs incurred from our airline partners.
Please note: Flight itineraries are subject to change up to departure due to schedule, equipment, or routing changes by airlines, and GAT cannot be held responsible for these changes or additional associated costs.
Seating on flights is entirely within the control of the airline, and GAT is not responsible for seating or changes to assigned seats. However, GAT may be able to assist in requesting specific seats, although specific seating requests are not guaranteed. Please reconfirm your seating requests directly with the airlines within 30 days of your departure. Final seat assignments will be provided upon check-in. Business class upgrades may be available on some tours for an additional fee. Upgrades are based on availability and in most cases will only be offered on overseas flights. Upgrades are not available on internal flights between cities as designated in your tour itinerary.
Each airline has its own baggage allowance policy and some airlines may impose additional charges for checked baggage. If you exceed baggage allowances or choose to check a bag on an airline that doesn’t include baggage in their fares, you are responsible for any additional fees. Please contact your airline or refer to its website for detailed information regarding your airline's checked baggage policies. See www.goaheadtours.ca/baggage for more details.
GAT cannot be held responsible for any flight delays or cancellations caused by reasons beyond GAT's control including, but not limited to, weather, mechanical issues, or personnel strike. In the event of a flight delay, you must work directly with the airline to be rebooked. Once your new flight is confirmed, you must then notify GAT with your new arrival time. If you are arriving later than your original scheduled flight, you may not be met by a GAT representative at the airport. In this case, you will need to arrange your own transportation from the airport to your hotel. If you booked your flights or bought a transfer service through GAT, you are entitled to a $25 reimbursement for the transfer missed due to flight delay. Persons missing tour portions or components (including, but not limited to, meals, excursions, or sightseeing tours) due to flight delays or cancellations will not be refunded by GAT or be eligible for a change of return date.
You may make your own flight arrangements for most tour itineraries. If you choose to make your own flight arrangements, you are also responsible for arranging your own transportation to and from all airports. Please keep in mind that all internal flights between cities as designated in the tour itinerary will be arranged by Go Ahead. If it is necessary for GAT to change or cancel your travel program in any way, you will be responsible for altering your flight plans accordingly and for any costs that result from such changes or cancellations. As a result, GAT strongly recommends that travelers purchasing their own airfare wait until after the Tour Finalization Date to buy non-refundable tickets.
Flights chosen at the point of sale or prior to your Tour Finalization Date through our flight booking system are confirmed immediately. Any changes to the flight itinerary or traveler information after this point will incur a change fee of $75. After the Tour Finalization Date, change fees may be higher. Flight packages may be added or removed from tour reservations up until the Tour Finalization date for a refund. After Tour Finalization Date, removal of flight itineraries may be subject to a $300 fee.
Final travel documents, including travel itineraries, hotel accommodations, and a copy of the flight itinerary, are mailed approximately 14 days prior to departure. A supplemental fee of $15 will apply to all international deliveries (with the exception of US). If your mailing address changes or if you want your final documents sent to a different address, you must notify GAT prior to your Tour Finalization Date. Otherwise, you will be responsible for any additional mailing costs.
The pacing and physical requirements of GAT tours vary by itinerary. We recommend that you select a tour that is suitable to your physical capabilities. Certain tours require considerable walking and may pose difficulties for travelers with disabilities or impaired mobility. For example, many historic sites are only accessible on foot and involve stairs or inclines. Roads may be narrow and winding, often making it impossible for buses to drive up to your hotel. For example, GAT frequently uses small, family-owned hotels that may not have first-floor rooms or elevators available. In these cases, GAT might be required to arrange accommodations for disabled passengers in a separate hotel at an additional cost. For these reasons, you are required to disclose to your Tour Consultant any physical disabilities or limitations prior to reserving your tour so GAT can help you determine the appropriateness of the selected itinerary. GAT representatives are available to discuss any specific accommodations that disabled passengers might request and whether such requests can be reasonably arranged. GAT reserves the right to decline any tour participant whose condition, in our opinion, or in the opinion of a third party providing services on the tour, may affect the health, safety, or tour experience of other travelers.
Incidents of harassment and/or violence will not be tolerated on tour or through our other communication channels including phone, email, chat, text and social media. Harassment includes, but is not limited to offensive language based upon age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, caste, national origin, ancestry, military status, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender, sexual orientation and native language. Intimidation, telephone and/or verbal harassment, physical and emotional threats, stalking, and physical actions are considered actions of violence. If you experience any form of harassment or violence on tour, please report this to your Tour Director or GAT On Tour Support. Those who participate in harassment or violence may be subject to dismissal from tour at any time and at their sole expense.
For the safety and well-being of all travelers, no firearms or other weapons are permitted on tour except as required by law.
If improvements can be made to tour itineraries or unforeseen circumstances necessitate changes, GAT reserves the right to amend, adjust, or alter itineraries. GAT cannot control program changes on Land & Cruise Tours and/or railway components of tours, as cruise lines and railway companies reserve the right to make changes. GAT will make every effort to notify you as early as possible of such changes. Due to local or national holidays, seasonal hours of operation or availability, special events, and/or peak harvest seasons, access to certain facilities and attractions including, but not limited to, vineyards, museums, historical sites, or stores may be limited. On such occasions, and whenever possible, itinerary adjustments will be made by GAT to minimize traveler inconvenience.
You are solely responsible for obtaining a valid passport, any visas, other travel documents and verifying and satisfying any entry requirements necessary for each country of travel on your selected tour itinerary, including any required medical documents, testing or proof of vaccinations (including any need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination), as GAT is not responsible for providing this information or documentation. Canadian citizens are required to have a passport for all trips outside of Canada, which must be valid for at least six months beyond the completion date of the tour. Entry laws differ with respect to a traveler’s citizenship. You are responsible for any expenses incurred as a result of delays or itinerary changes related to your lack of appropriate travel documents or failure to meet any required entry requirements[KT1] and are therefore ineligible for any refund from GAT. GAT recommends that you apply for any necessary visas with a visa service. If you decide to apply for your visa directly with the applicable consulate(s) and require additional assistance and/or documentation from GAT, you may be subject to a special arrangements fee of $95. Some countries that require a visa from Canadian citizens are Australia, Cambodia, China, Egypt, India, Kenya, Russia, Tanzania, Turkey and Vietnam. Please visit travel.gc.ca for the most up-to-date requirements.
The terms and provisions of these Booking Conditions supersede any other warranties, representations, terms, or conditions, unless they are expressly stated within a Booking Conditions Addendum or in a letter signed by a GAT officer. GAT makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of its publications, but it cannot be held responsible for typographical or printing errors, including, but not limited to, prices and travel credits. GAT tours are not for resale, and travelers must enroll directly with GAT.
Go Ahead Tours is registered in accordance with the Travel Industry Act and upholds the standards and policies of this Act. Go Ahead Tours is registered with TICO #2395858, Consumer Protection BC #73991 and is a holder of a Quebec permit with the Office de la protection du consommateur permit #702732). In the unlikely event of a GAT bankruptcy, insolvency, or cessation of business, GAT has secured all advanced payments of its customers, regardless of province or territory of origin, through the affiliation with the above organizations.
Go Ahead Tours is a member of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and the Better Business Bureau (BBB) of Eastern Massachusetts.
I (or parent or legal guardian if enrollee is under 18 or a minor under any other applicable law) am an enrollee on an EF Go Ahead Tour and understand and agree to the following:
1. I acknowledge and understand that my tour is operated by EF Education First International Ltd., Switzerland, and that EF Institute for Cultural Exchange Ltd. acts only as a marketing service provider for that company. EF Institute for Cultural Exchange Ltd. does not provide any goods or services for your trip. If I am participating in a domestic tour in the U.S., I understand that a portion of my tour may be operated by EF Explore America, Inc., a U.S. affiliate.
2. EF Education First International Ltd., EF Institute for Cultural Exchange Ltd., and (if applicable) EF Explore America, Inc., and their affiliated companies, partners, and any companies acting on their behalf, along with their officers, directors, employees, agents, and authorized representatives (collectively referred herein as “GAT”) do not own or operate any entity which is to or does provide goods or services for my tour, including for example hotels; arrangements for, ownership of, or control over houses, apartments, or other lodging facilities; tour directors; airline, vessel, bus, or other transportation companies; local ground operators; visa processing services; providers or organizers of optional excursions; or food service or entertainment providers. I acknowledge that all such persons and entities, specifically the Tour Director assigned to my tour, are independent contractors and not employees or agents of GAT. As a result, GAT is not liable for any negligent or willful act or failure to act of any such person or entity, or of any other third party.
3. Without limitation, GAT is not responsible for any injury, loss, or damage to person or property, death, disease, sickness, delay or inconvenience in connection with the provision of any goods or services occasioned by or resulting from any event or cause beyond the direct control of GAT or as a result of any negligent or willful act or failure to act of any third party. These matters include but are not limited to: “acts of God” or events of force majeure; epidemics, pandemics, or other public health issues or emergencies (such as but not limited to the current COVID-19 pandemic); acts of government; acts of war or civil unrest, insurrection or revolt; strikes or other labor activities; criminal, terrorist or threatened terrorist activities of any kind; overbooking or downgrading of accommodations; structural or other defective conditions in houses, apartments, or other lodgings (or in any heating, plumbing, electrical or structural problem therein); mechanical or other failure of airplanes or other means of transportation or for any failure of any transportation mechanism to arrive or depart timely or safely; dangers associated with or bites from animals, insects or pests; sanitation problems; food poisoning; lack of availability of, access to, or quality of medical care; difficulty in evacuation in case of a medical or other emergency; financial failure or other defaults by suppliers; or dangers associated with water-based activities.
4. I agree to release GAT, my Group Coordinator (if applicable), and my Tour Director (the “Released Parties”) from, and agree not to sue the Released Parties for, any and all claims, of any nature related in any manner to my participation in a GAT-sponsored tour, including, but not limited to, claims for negligence, breach of contract, breach of express or implied warranties, negligent or wrongful death or any statutorily based claim. I hereby unconditionally and unequivocally waive any and all claims and demands for all damages, losses, costs and expenses of any nature whatsoever (including attorney’s fees) on account of or arising out of any and all personal injury, death, bodily injury, mental anguish, emotional distress, property or other damage that I may suffer from any cause whatsoever related in any way to my participation in any GAT-sponsored tour. I further agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all decisions to cancel, modify or delay the tour as a result of events that are beyond the reasonable control of GAT including such “acts of God” or force majeure events as actual or threats of: epidemics or pandemics, or other public health issues or emergencies (such as but not limited to the current COVID-19 pandemic); severe weather events or natural disasters such as but not limited to hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis, tornadoes, fires, floods, volcanic activity, or landslides; war (whether declared or undeclared); terrorist activities; instability in a destination location; incidents of violence, riot, sabotage, civil commotion, or nationalization; strikes or labor disputes or lockouts; government orders, sanctions, actual or potential quarantines, or other restrictions affecting travel in, to, or around a location; disruption to transportation; chemical or radioactive contamination; or any other reason that makes it actually or potentially impossible or illegal for GAT to conduct the tour as originally contracted.
5. I understand that travel can involve inconvenience and risk, including, but not limited to, sickness, diseases, forces of nature, geographic and climatic conditions, different hygienic standards, infrastructure problems (including road maintenance, transportation delays and accommodation condition), civil unrest, vandalism, crime, political instability and terrorism. Medical services or facilities may not be readily available or available at all during all or a portion of the tour and, if available, may not be equal to standards in my home location or home country. I further understand that travel in other nations is not similar to travel in Canada and that different parts of the world present unique health, disease, and safety concerns, and I agree to review any specific risks related to my destination by visiting the World Health Organization’s international travel and health website at http://www.who.int/ith/en/ and the Government of Canada’s Travel Advice and Advisories site at www.travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories. I assume all risk of bodily injury, death, emotional trauma, property damage, inconvenience and/or loss resulting from negligence or any other acts of any and all persons or entities, however caused, including, but not limited to, those risks mentioned above. It is my intention fully to assume all of the risks of travel and participation in the program and to release GAT from any and all liabilities to the maximum extent permitted by law.
6. I agree that the releases of liability included herein apply to and bind myself and any minor child who I am enrolling as a parent/legal guardian, along with all personal representatives, executors, heirs, and family.
7. GAT shall have no responsibility for me whatsoever when I am absent from GAT supervised activities or for non-supervised activities.
8. My tour begins with the takeoff from the GAT departure airport and ends upon completion of the flight back to the origination (or other arrival) airport. If I have purchased my own flights, I understand that my tour begins with my arrival at the first accommodation or transfer arranged by GAT on my itinerary and ends with my departure from the final accommodation arranged by GAT on my itinerary and does not include flights between cities.
9. The air carrier's liability for loss of or damage to baggage or property, or for death or injury to person, is subject to and limited by the airline’s contract of carriage, its tariff, the Montreal Convention or Warsaw Convention and their amendments or both.
10. I understand and agree that GAT reserves the right to refuse or cancel my reservation at their sole discretion. In such event, standard cancellation guidelines as outlined in the Booking Conditions apply.
11. I agree to abide by GAT's regulations, On-Tour Conduct Expectations, and the directions of my Tour Director and GAT's personnel during my tour. I understand and agree that GAT may dismiss me from the tour at any time and at my sole expense for the failure to follow such rules or directions or for any other reason that GAT deems in its sole discretion requires my dismissal from the tour. I understand that in the event I am dismissed from the tour for any reason, I waive the right to a refund of any part of my program price, and that GAT may then send me home at my own expense. GAT is not responsible for arranging my transport home.
12. I agree to abide by all local laws, regulations, and governmental advisories when traveling, including but not limited to all local health requirements. I understand that if I disobey, refuse to follow, or abuse such laws, regulations and governmental advisories, even unintentionally, I waive my right to a refund of any part of the program price, and GAT may send me home at my own expense. I also understand that should local authorities be involved, I will be subject to the laws of the country I am visiting.
13. I understand and agree that if I become ill or incapacitated, GAT and its employees or contractors may take any action they deem necessary for my safety and well-being, including securing medical treatment and transporting me home at my own expense. GAT retains the right and has my authorization, in its sole discretion, to contact my emergency contact(s) with regard to health issues or any matter whatsoever that relates to my tour. In the event of a medical emergency, GAT will attempt to cause appropriate treatment to be administered, and I authorize GAT to do so. GAT, however, makes no warranty that it will be able to cause effective (or any) emergency treatment to be administered and GAT will not be responsible for monitoring any health care that I may necessitate.
14. I understand and agree that GAT has the right to make changes in tour itineraries and departure dates, and to modify transportation arrangements, including the use of substitute airlines. In the event of such changes, refunds will be given only in accordance with the provisions of the Booking Conditions supplied herewith.
15. I understand that it is my responsibility to secure the necessary travel documents (e.g., passport, visa[s], vaccination records, or other required medical records for all locations on my tour (including locations visited during transit). Failure to do so does not constitute grounds for a refund except according to the cancellation guidelines as outlined in the Booking Conditions.
16. GAT is not responsible for loss of passports, airline tickets, or other documents, or for loss of or damage to luggage or any other passenger belongings. In the case of a lost paper airline ticket or missing a flight booked by GAT, I acknowledge that I am solely responsible for meeting the airline's requirements (both logistical and financial) for ticket replacement.
17. I understand that I will be required to pay for any phone calls or incidental personal expenses that I incur at hotels, as well as for any damage I cause to hotel rooms, buses or other property.
18. I represent that I understand the pacing, content, accommodations, and other aspects of the tour upon which I have enrolled, and that I have discussed with GAT any limitations that may make it difficult or impossible for me to participate in this tour as designed.
19. I understand and agree that this Release & Agreement and GAT's Booking Conditions constitute the entire agreement between GAT and me with reference to the subject matter herein, and I do not rely upon any promises, inducements or agreements not herein, including but not limited to any oral statements made to me by any agents or employees of GAT. This agreement may be amended or modified only in writing, signed by both parties. The waiver by GAT of any provision of this agreement shall in no way affect the remaining provisions of this agreement, and this agreement shall be interpreted as if such clause or provision were not contained herein. If any provision of this agreement is deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid in any jurisdiction, it shall not affect the enforceability and validity of any other provision of his agreement.
20. I understand and agree that this agreement shall be governed in all respects, and performance hereunder shall be judged, by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable thereto. In the event of any claim, dispute or proceeding arising out of my relationship with GAT, or any claim which in contract, tort, or otherwise at law or in equity arises between me and the Released Parties, whether or not related to this agreement, all parties submit, attorn to and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws and regulations of the Province of Ontario.
22. I understand that my enrollment on tour with GAT is not complete until I have signed and agreed to the Booking Conditions and this Release & Agreement. By agreeing to this Release & Agreement and Booking Conditions on behalf of other travelers for whom I am completing the enrollment process, I represent that I am authorized to act on behalf of such individual(s) and I acknowledge and affirm that GAT's reliance on my authority is reasonable. I agree to indemnify and defend GAT for any claims arising out of any violation of this representation.
GAT will process your personal data in compliance with applicable data protection legislation for the purposes of completing your enrollment, customer service, the purchase of an offered travel protection plan, and providing you with the products and services related to your tour. This may entail sharing your personal data with corporate affiliates, claims handlers, insurance providers, Group Leader and other business partners both within and outside of Canada, including to the U.S. and within the EEA/Switzerland. We have put appropriate safeguards in place for such transfers of your personal data, including the standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission and the Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). GAT may also use your personal data, combined with data from third parties, to market products and services based on your interests, including by email and SMS/text. You may contact GAT at any time to unsubscribe from any direct marketing purposes.
We will only keep your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it has been collected or in accordance with time limits stipulated by law and good market practice, unless further retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. If you have questions about the processing or use of your personal data, would like to have a copy of the information GAT holds about you, or have inaccurate personal data corrected or erased, please contact us at 1-800-754-5066.
By enrolling to receive SMS or MMS text messages from EF World Journeys, Inc. (f/k/a Go Ahead Vacations, Inc.) (d/b/a “EF Go Ahead Tours”), you represent that you are 15 years of age or older and the owner, subscriber or customary user of the phone number you provided to EF Go Ahead Tours. You (or your parent or legal guardian if you are under the age of 18 or a minor under any other applicable law) expressly consent to the following terms and conditions.
Consent to Receive Text Messages. You consent to receive approximately 4 SMS or MMS text messages per month from EF Go Ahead Tours or its affiliates to the phone number that you provided to EF Go Ahead Tours. You acknowledge and understand that these text messages may or may not contain marketing content and may be sent or generated using an automatic telephone dialing system (a/k/a an “autodialer”) or other technology. Message and data rates may apply. You understand that your consent to receive text messages is not required to make any purchase from EF Go Ahead Tours. You consent to receive the SMS or MMS text messages via your mobile device even if your telephone number is currently listed on any state, federal, local or corporate Do Not Call list.
Opt-Out. You may opt-out and withdraw your consent at any time by replying STOP to any EF Go Ahead Tours text message or by contacting EF Go Ahead Tours by the phone or email address provided below. In the event that you are no longer the subscriber to or otherwise stop using the provided phone number, you agree to either (i) opt-out by replying “STOP” to an EF Go Ahead Tours text message; or (ii) notify EF Go Ahead Tours through an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing your former phone number so that EF can identify it and remove it from its list of text message subscribers.
Supported Carriers. Supported carriers may change from time to time, but currently include: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, MetroPCS, T-Mobile (T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages).
Dispute Resolution. Any dispute or claim arising out of or relating in any way to SMS or MMS text messages sent by EF Go Ahead Tours or its affiliates shall be exclusively resolved by final and binding arbitration under the JAMS Streamlined or Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures. THE PARTIES FURTHER AGREE THAT ALL COVERED DISPUTES BROUGHT AGAINST EACH OTHER WILL BE ARBITRATED EXCLUSIVELY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS ONLY AND NOT IN A CLASS ACTION ARBITRATION, A COLLECTIVE ACTION ARBITRATION, OR ON A GROUP, REPRESENTATIVE, CONSOLIDATED, OR JOINT BASIS. YOUR ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS MEMBER FOR ANY CLAIM COVERED BY THIS AGREEMENT. THE PARTIES WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OF A COVERED DISPUTE OR TO HAVE A COVERED DISPUTE BE DECIDED BY A COURT OR JURY. With the exception of any of the language related to the waiver of class and representative actions, if any part of this Dispute Resolution section is rendered invalid or unenforceable, the other parts of this Dispute Resolution provision shall still apply.
Contact Us. For additional assistance or more information, call our toll-free number 1-800-597-0350, or send an email to email@example.com.